Pages

Thursday 27 June 2013

Mum Stepped...


Walt: to use better words.


Mom stepped in the hospital with my brother, sisters and I following her. It was going on 8.30 pm on a Saturday night. It all started when we had received a call from a nurse at the hospital. It was about my uncle playing up and wanting to get out. He was as naughty as a cheeky girl. After we had got the call we rushed to the hospital as fast as we could.


We had arrived and got to the hospital in time. The five of us bounced out of the car and rushed to my uncle’s ward. While we were on our way to the elevator I recognized tears dripping from my mom's face. I wrapped my arms around her and wiped her tears. We were almost there with fear in our bodies. It was really challenging to go to my uncle’s room. As I was walking I witnessed people in pain and children crying for their mom’s.


We were almost their. Walking really slow with watery eyes. Until we all heard my uncle. Now we all ran to his room in the hospital. Looking at each other with a terrible face. We were all going to cry as soon as possible. The five of us couldn’t believe it. Just a couple of steps and we were at my uncle’s room. Terrifying looks. Frozen bodies. Puzzled faces. We all saw our uncle while he was dozing off to sleep. Not recognizing who he saw in front of him.


My mom looked at him and said “what’s going on”. My uncle didn't respond until another 10 minutes. The nurses walked in and said it was time for him to enter the operation room. None of us knew he was going to have an operation. That was the right time for us to cry. Suddenly, out of nowhere my uncle woke up and said “where am I going”. We all said nowhere, so he relaxed and dozed off to sleep again. Then the nurses wheeled him out on his bed. We were all bored so we entered into the waiting room. 3 hours went past our minds and we started to get a little worried.


My brother had noticed my uncle go past with doctors and nurses surrounding him. We all went out of the waiting room and followed him. “Where is my family” howled my uncle. “There behind you Ray” a doctor whispered to him. My uncle started laughing like a crazy clown. When we got to his room, he asked for my Nana that died. Then he asked for my uncle that also died. We all had puzzled faces. Then finally a nurse walked in and said he will be alright now. “You guys can go home and have your big rest”.


We were going home after we had said our prayers with him. All of us said goodnight to my uncle and went out of his room. Walking really slow while he is going to bed. Looking at him to see if he will cope with us gone. Then we got to the elevator and waited. We went to the main floor and went to the car. Wailing goodnight to my uncle. As we bounced in the car and went home. Everyone was quiet while we bounced out of the car. There was peace and quiet in our big home.


0 comments:

Post a Comment