Pages

Friday 18 October 2013

Chant Competition

Walt: write a narrative.

“Undaleh undaleh we are G.I G.I oh, what’s happening now. Undaleh undaleh we are G.I G.I oh, what’s happening now” Glen Innes School screamed while walked into the auditorium. Who, United, Bethlehem College and Omokoroa stayed quiet. It was like they were rocks. Only one school carried on cheering and chanting. Glen Innes looked to the left of our school, there we saw Weymouth. The children of Weymouth were screaming and screaming. All of a sudden we had puzzled faces. Looking at each other funny and weird. Looking at them we chanted “I said Burn, it’s hot in here. It must G.I coming first this year, I said Burn, it’s hot in here. It must G.I coming first this year.”

Weymouth and their teachers asked if we wanted to have a chant challenge. We accepted that challenge, 5 seconds later Weymouth started the challenge off. They started it off with the chant “any competition, is the real competition, but the real competition’s Weymouth..U No.” After saying that chant Weymouth looked strong, scary and tough. That was the sign of us keeping calm and to carry on with our chants. “When I say Glen, you say Innes, Glen Innes, Glen Innes. When I say East, you say Side, East Side, East Side.” Weymouth looked at us and gave us the evils. So we gave the evils back.

Out of nowhere they started to chant “I said wow, it’s cool in here, it must be Weymouth in the whare this year, I said wow, it’s cool in here, it must be Weymouth in the whare this year.” They looked at us and said, U no. We started to freak out and wondered what chant we should sing. “Who are, who are who are we, G.I.G.I, who are, who are who are we, G.I.G.I, where we from, East Side.” When Weymouth looked at us they looked scared. It looked like they wanted to give up on us. So we repeated all the chants over and over until they gave up. Glen Innes chanted the last chant “We are the guys from the East Side ah ha ah ha, we are the guys from the East Side ah ha ah ha.” Weymouth gave up and wanted to be our friends.

We looked at them and ran to them. Everyone hugged them while the teachers from our school were introduced themselves to Weymouth teachers. On Thursday night Weymouth and Glen Innes girls came together and played and talked. It was the coolest day ever. U NO!

The theme of this story is to never ask for a competition when you know you are going to lose.



0 comments:

Post a Comment